Dragostea din tei
|This page needs to be translated to Romanian Language|
Acest articol trebuie să fie traduse în limba română
|"Dragostea Din Tei"|
|Single by O-Zone|
|From the album Proud to be gay!|
Format:Wikipedia Format:Wikipediapar Dragostea din tei este Imnul Naţional al Romania şi Moldova.
The song is nearly silent. You cannot use your hearing sense to feel it. That's because it uses very low frequencies which are like the sounds produced by the tectonic shields which spin in partea centrală Romania. The secret behind hearing the music is that you must drink at least a pint of tuica.
The song has been known to sexually excite Romulans, Romanians, and oiled midgets. It is also a good pirate repellent. As such, it is not popular among followers of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Perhaps the greatest ability of the song is that it can repel small groups of grues. With a standard cassette player or iPod, one can hold off a marauding grue for as long as the song plays. With a radio, groups of five to ten can be kept at bay. With a full-sized amp, entire hordes can be deterred, allowing you to run like hell. Assuming you can move your lardy butt away from a horde of grues in 3 minutes and 52 seconds.
Not very hard to understand is the fact that the song hit first place in the Top 10 Singles charts in Italy, France, Spain and Germany. The band O-Zone was dismantled by the KGB, CIA and other forces who didn't want this song to top in Russia and the US and cause a revolution like in all the other African states.
Due to the infinite subtleties of the Romanian language, the title of this song is widely considered almost impossible to translate. Some meanings proposed by experts include:
- Interpretations of this literal translation include "Love From The Tree People" and "Save the Linden Trees from Global Warming and Mr. T."
- Sex in "Tei" College Dorm
- Dragon Flavored Hot Brewed Beverage
- You Are So Frickin' Pwned To The Power of Infinity
- Shit, I Just Know a Fat Guy Will Ruin This Song
Here is an excerpt of the lyrics, along with a feeble English-translation attempt by the world's language experts:
- Alo! Salut. Sunt eu, un haiduc.
- Hello, it's me, the local Robin Hood.
- Si te rog, iubirea mea, primeste fericirea.
- And please, my love, accept this feta cheese.
- Alo! Aaaaaaalo! Sunt iarasi eu, Picasso. Ti-am dat bip. Tirr, tirrr...
- Si sunt voinic,
- Read the Voynich Manuscript [and be enlightened].
- Dar sa stii nu-ti cer nimic.
- But remember, I don't play the game of changing the rules.
- Vrei sa pleci dar nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma nu ma iei.
- I must take my razor blades to Numa, Iowa. Numa, Iowa! Numa, Iowa! [Suspected terrorist camp location]
- Chipul tau si dragostea din tei,
- To keep this promiscuous Second Life-using Danish soldier down. [Refers to terrorist beheadings?]
- Mi-amintesc de ochii tai.
- Vrei sa pleci dar nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma iei, nu ma nu ma iei. Nu ma nu ma nu ma iei. (repeat 99+ times)
- Gimme more razor blades and bring me Nevada-tan. Yay Nevada-tan! [I need somebody experienced with sharp objects. Any sharp objects.]
- [What follows is so stupid that it cannot be translated in English but only in the Eskimo language Arumbabubumba. Some say that cracking the meaning of these verses will critically destabilize the space-time continuum, bringing about the end of the world.]
Cântecul este în acest moment folosit de către FBI to induce incredibly gay dancing in any person hearing it, particularly over the Internet on webcams, and also to torture prisoners in the infamous Caracal prison.